COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM DELIVERS ESSENTIAL ITEMS TO FIRFIGHTERS ON THE FRONT LINES
SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – Would you like to support your local firefighters when they need it most? If so, check out the Firefighter Go Bag Community Support Program a California based company is offering.
FireMom.com’s Community Support Program delivers all of the health, hygiene, and nutritional items that are truly unique to firefighters’ needs, when they’re out fighting fires for days at a time, in one convenient Go Bag.
When you purchase bags from the program, FireMom.com delivers them directly to the fire departments that need them the next time a large fire happens. The program ensures firefighters get the supplies they need in a complete kit, with no lag time, or trying to piecemeal items together.
Firefighter Go Bags contain:
For health and hygiene:
- Firewipes: Decontamination wipes to get dangerous chemicals off of firefighters and their gear
- Gold Bond Powder: Keeps chafing to a minimum, deodorizes, and relieves itching and burning
- Carmex Lip Balm: Relieves dry and chapped lips that the dry heat and smoke from a fire cause
- Visine Eye Drops: Keeps the sting away so that firefighters can continue fighting the fire without the burden of struggling to see
- Diaper Rash Cream: Chafing and rashes happen when in fire gear, and when it does, diaper rash cream is the perfect ointment to relieve the sting and help the skin irritation heal
- Cough Drops: Eases the sore itchy throat being around smoke and debris causes
- Sunscreen: When not in full gear, firefighters are often exposed to the sun and need to protect their skin as to not get a sunburn that could be irritating or painful under their gear later
- Insect Repellent: When able to take a break under a tree or a nap in a random place, this keeps the bugs off so firefighters don’t end up with itchy bites that can be irritating under fire gear
- Tooth wipes: To freshen up when there aren’t other resources available in the field
For nourishment and energy:
- Kind Bars: Provide nourishment and energy between meal breaks
- Liquid IV: Electrolyte packets help with hydration
- Zipfizz: Provides vitamins, caffeine, and energy in place of coffee or other caffeinated drinks
To find out more or to purchase a Go Bag from the Community Support Program, visit FireMom.com.